KLIA, 20 May 2019: Malaysia Airlines today released a special Hari Raya Aidilfitri video, capturing the joy of Hari Raya, which is the feeling of balik kampung. This festive video can be viewed via Malaysia Airlines’ official social media channels.
The two minute and 40 second video titled “Sama-Sama Balik Raya” asks the question as to why we travel miles to return home during the celebration, although we feel that the experience is similar each time. We see the same people, we visit familiar places, eat the same food. The answer to this question is the very thing that warms our hearts as Malaysians and as an airline, which is Malaysian Hospitality.
Malaysia Airlines Group Chief Executive Officer, Izham Ismail said, “The festivity begins the moment we start our journey home. As a first taste of Malaysian Hospitality for travellers, we are always looking for ways to ensure that our guests get the feeling of being home even before they arrive which is perfectly captured in our festive video called “Sama-Sama balik Raya”. As an airline, we take pride in being a part of our guests’ balik kampung journey and to us nothing is more rewarding than to ensure they arrive home safely and be reunited with their families and loved ones during the festive season.”
In the spirit of this Hari Raya, Malaysia Airlines is also running a social media campaign “#MHFundMyBalikKampung” from 15 until 29 May 2019, to unite families for Hari Raya Aidilfitri. Through #MHFundMyBalikKampung, the winner with the most unique caption and the most votes will take return tickets home on Malaysia Airlines for Hari Raya this year.
Those who are interested, can join the contest by following the three simple steps below:
- STEP 1: POST A PHOTO WITH A CAPTION TELLING US YOUR BALIK KAMPUNG STORY ON INSTAGRAM.
– Share with us the reason you are unable to go back home to your loved ones this Raya and include your departure and arrival destinations. Tell us your story in the caption.
- STEP 2: MAKE SURE YOUR ACCOUNT IS PUBLIC.
– Tag us @MHFundMyBalikKampung and include the hashtags #MalaysiaAirlines #MHFundMyBalikKampung in the caption. Make sure your profile is set to public until 30 May 2019 for your submission to be eligible.
- STEP 3: ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO ‘LIKE’.
– Malaysia Airlines will repost your photo and caption on the @MHFundMyBalikKampung profile, so don’t forget to invite friends and family to vote by liking it on our official account once your post has been featured!
– Meanwhile, Malaysia Airlines would like to remind passengers travelling this festive season, to check-in via web at www.malaysiaairlines.com, or via its app, to avoid the long queues at the airport. Passengers are also encouraged to arrive at least four hours early at KL International Airport (KLIA) and three hours at other domestic airports before their scheduled departure time in order to clear all travel formalities.