FWM’s 12-week unpaid, individually tailored Global News Internship Program offers full-time students and recent college graduates the opportunity to train across media platforms and learn from skilled journalists and editors dedicated to the highest standards. Integrity is the foundation of FWM, reflected in our accurate, fair and honest reporting. Aspiring cross-format journalists will work in an FWM newsroom with a designated trainer, contributing to FWM’s text, video,photo and interactive reports. Interns will cover breaking news and complete a final enterprise project working across multiple formats. Their stories may be featured in media outlets around the world.
- Am I eligible?
The internship is open to U.S. and international students as well as recent graduates. Applicants
must be: a) current full-time students within two years of earning an undergraduate degree
(juniors and seniors) or b) current full-time graduate students or c) students who will graduate
December or later.
- How many people are in the program?
FWM will select as many as 100 interns.
- Where are the internships located?
FWM internships are available in Bengaluru.Mumbai,Chennai,Kolkatta,NewDelhi.
- When does the program start?
You must be able to start the internship in APRIL/MAY.
How to apply: The application period for the 2020 internship is currently open.
Required documents for internships include:
- A 300-word autobiographical essay on this topic: “The FWM seeks to recruit and retain a workforce that embodies a wide range of talents, experiences, achievements and journalistic skills. Please describe the qualities and accomplishments you would bring to the company as an intern.”
- Resume and cover letter (please include your projected graduation date).
- Three to five examples of your work (links to a website of your clips, photos, multimedia work and video are preferred).”
- Two letters of reference, one from a professor or faculty adviser on college/university letterhead and the second from a previous internship or former employer.
FWM seeks to build an inclusive organization grounded in respect for differences. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with applicable nondiscrimination laws.